Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 118

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking!)

  1. #101
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    I believe she was hit by a car Kelly!

    I was paraphrasing John's lyrics there, from his song "Mother" from his Primal Scream period!

    Actually, John adored Julia but she left him with his Aunt Mimi, instead of raisng him, herself.
    She dealt with him better when he was a young adult and even taught him his first guitar chords. They turned out to be banjo chords, he found out later.

    I remember him saying that her untimely death was like losing her for a second time.

    Very sad!
    Gus

  2. #102
    Inactive Member Shades Of Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    okay this one might be too heavy for some of you but ...

    51v1j31zfXL SS500

    Track Listing:


    1. Whispers of October
    2. Prayers
    3. Beautiful Tragedy
    4. Ashes
    5. Daddy's Falling Angel
    6. Legacy of Odio
    7. This Moment
    8. Next Life
    9. He Said Eternity
    10. Circles
    11. When the Storm Subsides

    ... if you like it loud and earshatteringly unrelentingly brutal with a pinch of the melodic feminine vocals this album is for you. i will put my stamp on it as:

    "The Best Album Of The Year So Far"

    - Shades Of Gray


    don't miss out. pick this baby up.

  3. #103
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This selection may not be what most folks dig on this board but I have to share it with you.
    Steve Vai "Sound therioes vol 1 and 2".
    This is the metropole orchestra of Holland fronted by Steve Vai on guitar. Disc 1 are Steve
    signature tunes. Disc 2 are compositons done by Vai for the orchestra, he does not play with the orchestra on disc 2. I have heard many rock satrs try to do the orchestra thing, but this project just blows me away. If your curious to knocked flat by beautiful complex music, give it a shot.

  4. #104
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hey folks,
    It's for a good cause, so kudos to all who contributed to
    INSTANT KARMA The Amnesty International Campaign To SAVE DARFUR.

    As far as performances being a tribute to John Lennon,
    I always ask myself this question. Does it sound truly inspired or not?

    Pretty much what I expected which ain't too shabby:
    U2 - Instant Karma
    Christina Aguilera - Mother (vocal acrobats almost too much)
    Lenny Kravitz - Cold Turkey (not enough claptonesque guitar)
    Jackson Brown - Oh, My Love
    Green Day - Working Class Hero
    Black Eyed Peas - Power To The People

    Wonderful surprises:
    Aerosmith feturing Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars - Give Peace A Chance
    Los Lonely Boys - Whatever Gets You Through The Night (should be a single)
    Corinne Bailey Rae - I'm Losing You
    Jakob Dylan featuring Dhani Harrison - Gimme Some Truth
    Avril Lavigne - Imagine
    Big & Rich - Nobody Told Me
    Jack Johnson - Imagine
    Ben Harper - Beautiful Boy
    Snow Patrol - Isolation
    Matisyahu - Watching The Wheels
    Postal Service - Grow Old With Me
    Jaguares - Gimme Some Truth
    Jack's Mannequin featuring M`i`c`k Fleetwood - God
    Regina Spektor - Real Love

    A bit disappointing actually:
    R.E.M.- #9 Dream
    Youssou N'Dour - Jealous Guy
    The Flaming Lips - Just Like Starting Over

    Well, that's my take.
    I'd highly recommend this CD!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  5. #105
    Inactive Member Shades Of Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2006
    Posts
    134
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I LIKE ME SUM VAI

  6. #106
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Get a load of this!!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Last year, a judge sentenced a Beatles-loving thief by quoting 42 of the band's song titles in his verdict.

    Andrew McCormack, 20, had been asked what sentence he thought he should get for stealing beer, he wrote: "Like The Beetles say, Let it Be."
    But he had clearly come up against the wrong man in Montana's Judge Gregory Todd, reports the Daily Mirror.

    Judge Todd replied: "'Hey Jude', 'Do You Want to Know a Secret'? The greatest band in history spelled its name B-e-a-t-l-e-s.

    "Your response suggests there should be no consequences for your
    actions and I should 'Let it Be' so you can live in 'Strawberry Fields
    Forever'.

    "Such reasoning is 'Here, There and Everywhere'.

    It does not require a 'Magical Mystery Tour' of interpretation to know
    'The Word' means leave it alone. I trust we can all 'Come Together' on
    that meaning.

    "If I were to overlook your actions I would ignore that 'Day in the Life'
    on April 21, 2006. That night you said to yourself 'I Feel Fine' while
    drinking beer. Later, whether you wanted 'Money' or were just trying
    to 'Act Naturally' you became the 'Fool on the Hill'.

    "As 'Mr Moonlight' at 1.30am, you did not 'Think for Yourself' but just
    focused on 'I, Me, Mine'. 'Because' you didn't ask for 'Help'. 'Wait' for
    'Something' else or listen to your conscience saying 'Honey Don't', the
    victim was later 'Fixing a Hole' in the glass door you broke."

    Judge Todd went on: "After you stole the beer you decided it was time
    to 'Run For Your Life' and 'Carry That Weight'. But the witness said
    'Baby it's You', the police said 'I'll Get You' and you had to admit
    'You Really Got a Hold on Me'.

    "You were not able to 'Get Back' home because of the 'Chains' they put
    on you. Although you hoped the police would say 'I Don't Want to Spoil
    the Party' and 'We Can Work it Out', you were in 'Misery' when they
    said you were a 'Bad Boy'.

    "When they took you to jail, you experienced 'Something New' as they
    said 'Hello Goodbye' and you became a 'Nowhere Man'.

    "Later you may have said 'I'll Cry Instead'. Now you are saying 'Let it
    Be' instead of 'I'm a Loser'. As a result of your 'Hard Day's Night'
    you're looking at a 'Ticket to Ride' that 'Long and Winding Road' to
    prison.

    "Hopefully you can say both now and 'When I'm 64' that 'I Should Have Known Better'."

    McCormack got probation, a community service order and a fine.

    SOMETHING NEW is not a song title, it's an album title, but otherwise, the Judge's verdict was flawless!
    In fact it was FAB! //-o\\
    4 sure!

    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Gus

  7. #107
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    New releases by:

    Grace Potter and the Nocturnals- This is somewhere.

    Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds-Live at Radio City

    Both excellent

  8. #108
    HB Forum Owner stormrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 18th, 2007
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    In my cd play right now is Poets And Madmen from Savatage great stuff if you like theatrical metal. I highly recommend it but is a rare find might check ebay for it. Also have A Matter Of Life And Death from Iron Maiden which is first Maden album in 20 years that Ive listened to that I liked every song on the Disc.

  9. #109
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    On PBS, after 2 episodes of Monty Python, on Saturday nights, they have started showing Live Concert performances by various artists. I forget the name of the broadcast but last Saturday they had a 2005 performance by The Knack, which kicked *** !

    I'm going to see what I can find out about upcoming episodes of this show.
    Last night it was some sax player (not my cup of tea) but who knows what else they have in store for us?!?!

    I really enjoyed The Knack, except that they had a substitute drummer.
    Adequate but no Bruce Gary!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #110
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Last night PBS showed musical performances from The Johnny Cash Show (circa.1970) and WOW!!!!

    I had never watched that show and had no idea what I was missing, until now!

    Bob Dylan doing I Threw It All Away!
    Roy Orbison doing Crying
    Credence Clearwater Revival doing Bad Moon Rising
    Derek & The Dominoes doing The Blues
    Neil Diamond doing Cracklin' Rose
    Neil Young doing The Damage Done
    Ray Charles doing Ring Of Fire
    Carl Perkins doing blue Suede Shoes

    And get this...

    Johnny, Carl and Eric doing Matchbox!!!

    I repeat...WOW!
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/guy.gif[/img]
    Gus

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic